Sometimes you read something that is so good, that you just have to pass it along and give credit where credit is due. Thanks to Gal Morale who recently posted ten questions I need to ask myself at the beginning of the New Year (eleven to ask myself every day thereafter).
I’ll give you the "cliff notes" version. Please visit Gal’s page through the link above to get her complete post with commentary on each question (it’s FREE!):
1. Am I getting the results that I want from my team?
2. Am I walking my talk?
3. Do I model how I want our customers to be treated, by the way I treat my employees?
4. Do I hold my team accountable for meeting our high standards?
5. Do I verbalize my appreciation for the SPECIFIC contributions my employees make to the team and organization?
6. Do I communicate regularly with my team members – and do I foster peer to peer communication?
7. Do I roll out the red carpet for new employees?
8. Am I clear about my expectations?
9. Are my hiring processes effective?
10. Am I delegating employee morale and recognition?
11. Am I the kind of boss that others WANT to work for?
Ouch. Thanks, Gal – for the great reminders!