Central Iowa Bloggers Unite!

Des Moines is the butt of many jokes. I know this. I grew up in and have lived around Des Moines almost my entire life. Most people outside of Iowa think nothing ever happens in Des Moines (except the Iowa caucuses every four years). Yet, I have mentioned from time to time that Des Moines has become a hub of activity in the blogosphere. The number of bloggers meeting, sharing and networking seems to be increasing regularly and thanks to Andy Brudtkuhl there’s even a website where you can find introduction to all the Central Iowa Bloggers!

Last week the first Central Iowa Bloggers Summit happened in impromptu fashion at Panera U. Basically, anyone who blogs comes, has a cup of coffee and shares with each other – and tentative plans are to continue this on the first Friday of each month (8:00 a.m. at Panera on University in West Des Moines).

If you’re ever passing through Fun City (Des Moines), join us!

6 comments for “Central Iowa Bloggers Unite!

1. January 11, 2007 at 10:03 am

Tom:
    I mentioned our growing group at John Gerstner’s (http://www.communitelligence.com) presentation yesterday at IABC, and he confirmed that many virtual communities also have an offline version.
    We agreed that the “live” experience really adds to the trust level and the confidence members of the community have in each other.
    Keep blogging!
    -Mark

2. January 11, 2007 at 2:04 pm

Absolutely, Mark. I’m only sorry I missed the first one. I look forward to February!!

3. January 12, 2007 at 8:39 am

Sounds like a fun way to meet other bloggers and share ideas, Tom. Since the meetings were promoted at a university, maybe we’ll see other colleges take the lead of the county. Be sure to share what you glean!

4. January 12, 2007 at 9:35 pm

You know I’ll be coming through Des Moine this year. I’ve got to see this Panera U. Sounds like quite a place.

5. January 22, 2007 at 2:08 pm

Great write up and nice pic in the Business Record. It is nice to see a fellow Blogga Nostra family member getting the accolades he deserves.
    I feel for you on the Best Buy thing. I am currently going around and around with the West Des Moines Best Buy regarding the right video card for my computer. They are very nice, but they keep giving me incorrect information that requires me to return to the store.
    Unfortunately, it seems as though they greased your squeaky wheel, rather than fixing a systemic problem. Now if I could just remember where I left my squeaker . . .
    Brett

6. January 23, 2007 at 9:03 am

Thanks, Brett. Sorry to hear you’re having problems with BB. Have you blogged about it?! Hmmmmm…I wonder if the Geeks would pick up on it.