Are You Part of the Conversation?

Conversation
I was honored to read Starbucker’s recent post about the people who comment on his blog. Starbucker is a QAQnA Mug Clubber, and he offers a choice explanation of what makes blogging so powerful: the conversation. QAQnA not only allows me to share thoughts and information with you, but also allows you to respond to posts, read what others are saying, and meet others QAQnA readers – many of whom may be great contacts.

Commenting on posts is a great way to extend your reach and network with others. Your own thoughts and experiences are a valuable resource. When you comment we are all the richer for it!

So how does it work? It’s simple! At the bottom of this (and every) post you’ll see a "comments" link. This link will take you to a page with the blog post and a comment form at the bottom. Fill in the information, make a comment, share a thought, ask a question and click "submit". Voila! It’s that easy.

Your comments are always welcome here!

Flickr photo courtesy of Auberon

8 comments for “Are You Part of the Conversation?

1. October 30, 2006 at 8:59 am

Tom, I especially like what you say about commenting. That’s because you listen, mull something over and comment back. At some sites, I’ve commented, and that’s all there is — nothing more. But a site like yours is great. Shows me a lot your call center philosophy carries over to all walks of your life. Others say it but do not do it! Thanks so much for being a “super blogger” and listener besides.

2. October 30, 2006 at 12:26 pm

You’re welcome, Robyn. As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t practice what you preach – then what good is your preaching? I might as well pack up my blog, my business, and go twiddle my thumbs 🙂 Thanks for faithfully adding to the conversation. You are a valuable part of the experience!!

3. October 30, 2006 at 2:13 pm

Listening is a true virtue – and responding to comments is not only virtuous but just good manners. Your mother raised you well Tom! All the best.

4. October 31, 2006 at 6:14 am

Yep, she’s a gem! Thanks, SB 🙂

5. Steve Murtagh
    October 31, 2006 at 11:20 am

What sets blogging apart from other written media is that it evolves into a “relationship”. Bloggers do not simply write for/to a “demographic”. They write to a community of shared interest with whom they develop real, and often personal, relationships. Which gives it a power that print media will probably never have.

6. October 31, 2006 at 11:42 am

Tom, I’m discovering that blogs are uniquely suited for business web sites since both blogs and businesses are about relationships. Relationships build loyalty and what business doesn’t want customer loyalty? A good responsive blog can be another tool in the marketing tool belt if used properly.

7. October 31, 2006 at 1:56 pm

Steve & Chris – I agree with you both. Blogs allow for a “relationship” – founded on two-way communication that other web-based media can’t do (cob-websites) or can’t do as well (forums). I’m finding it interesting how many readers don’t engage in the conversation – but continue to take in what I offer in posts. Which is fine. The opportunity for conversation is always there.
    I guess “you can lead a horse to water…”

8. November 1, 2006 at 1:10 pm

“Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”

I used to be a very shy person. At middle school dances I was the wallflower and as a young adult I avoided eye contact with the people I met. But thats no longer the case! Ever since I started…