Coffee Time Links – July 25

Coffee_time_7
Fifteen minutes. One cup o’ joe. Five great links. Ahhhhhhhhhhh….

• Easton Ellsworth reports that there are some exciting changes to CoComment for bloggers. You’ve never used CoComment? I’m using it now. You should, too!
  • Mark True accused me this morning of being a crazed, naked Irishman! Now, I have Irish blood on my mom’s side, but I had to read Michael Wagner’s post to understand Mark’s accusation. Strike up the pipers!
  • Heidi Miller introduced me to Chris Brogan at LifeHack.org who reminds us that sometimes a hand written thank you stands out in a world of e-mail bytes and voice-mail beeps. As someone who still relishes the tactile feel of a nice pen in my hand gliding over paper, I heartily agree!
  • Robyn McMaster gave a humbling report about being present when Dr. Ellen Weber received her Mug Club mug. Thanks Robyn! You made my day!
  • Anonymous Cog has been writing a little twilight-zone-esque serial. What happens when his dead 5th grade Sunday School teacher shows up in his monitor at work?

13 comments for “Coffee Time Links – July 25

1. July 24, 2006 at 6:57 pm

Coffee Time Links – July 25

[Source: QAQNA Call Center QA Questions & Answers] quoted: Easton Ellsworth reports that there are some exciting changes to CoComments for bloggers. You’ve never used CoComments?

2. July 24, 2006 at 7:37 pm

Tom, your kind words make my day, too — real squirt of serotonin. I thought this would be a great way for others to see what Ellen thinks about your blog. 🙂

3. July 24, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Hi Tom– I did about 8 years in call centers for the local Bell operating company. I served on various quality initiatives, including one for repair service (I forget the acronym) and DASP- Directory Assistance Service Perception. It’s still a pet interest of mine today, so neat to find your site.
    I’m glad Heidi Miller connected us. Drop by some time.
    –Chris Brogan.

4. July 25, 2006 at 7:09 am

Robyn, glad to return the favor!
    Chris, I appreciate Heidi hooking me up to your blog as well. I will definitely be dropping by!

5. July 25, 2006 at 8:30 am

Tom, ain’t coCo great? It’s “coComment,” not “coComments” – confusing, I know, what with Commentful and co.mments as similar services.
    Fun and useful links here, as always.
    One week till B-Day, everyone. (No, not my birthday – the other B-Day.)

6. July 25, 2006 at 8:38 am

Thanks for the props, Easton – and the correction. I will make changes accordingly. I’ve already been thinking about B-day – glad you reminded us!

7. July 25, 2006 at 3:43 pm

Tom, I just read Ellen’s words on Robyn’s blog, and I’m not trying to pile on here, but what the heck – she’s so right! From your Starbucks swilling, 70’s disco loving friend in Connecticut.

8. July 25, 2006 at 3:48 pm

You know, SB, everyone should have a “Starbucks swilling, 70’s disco loving friend in Connecticut”. I’m glad I have you!

9. July 26, 2006 at 4:20 pm

Ah, yes. When I lived in France, I came to carry nothing but fountain pens and enjoyed writing with them more than anything else. Sadly, the refills are hard to come by here, and I’ve gone back to regular ball-points, but it’s just not the same, is it?

10. July 26, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Let’s see Heidi, you lived in France…so I guess you were using a Waterman? Please don’t give up on your fountain pens. You can find refills at places like penrefill.com. There’s nothing like feeling that nib glide over the paper!

11. July 26, 2006 at 11:43 pm

Great ones, Tom. I’m a pen person too and a favorite gift was the ‘vanishing point’ fountain pen. It’s amazing.

12. July 27, 2006 at 6:21 am

Good for you, Susan. I know Namiki made the vanishing point popular. I was a bit surprised when I dropped by the Mont Blanc store (to dream) that they have now made a vanishing point pen. Very interesting!

13. August 24, 2006 at 7:55 pm

Thanks for the mention, Tom.
    AC