Right. By the way, have you kept that New Year’s resolution?
Let me ask you a question. Do you go to the store to pick up your favorite newspaper or magazine, or do you have it delivered to your home? Why? Because it’s simple and convenient. You don’t have to think about it, voila’ it’s right there at your door.
So why bookmark a site (e.g. add it to the to-do list) when you can have it (Voila’!) delivered right to your desktop? Give it a try. Let me give you simple instructions for the program I use.
- Go to sharpreader – download and install the FREE program.
- Look for the orange icon on the sidebar of my blog right under the heading "Subscribe to Feed" (Whenever you see this icon, you know that the site has a "feed" that can be delivered to your Sharpreader).
- Right-click on that icon and select "Copy Shortcut."
- Open your Sharpreader and look for the "Address" box at the top of the window.
- Right-click on the address box and select "Paste."
- Now click the "Subscribe" button to the left of the address box.
Voila’! Now you’ve subscribed to QAQnA. Whenever I write a new post you’ll get a little window that will slide up on the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop for about 3 seconds with the title of the post. You can subscribe to any blog or site that has a "feed". You can also put any keyword like "call center" or "customer service" in the "Keyword" box to the right of the address box on your Sharpreader window. Hit "enter" and then click "Subscribe." Now, whenever anyone writes a post or when there’s a news article containing that keyword, Sharpreader will give you a little pop-up notification. Go to your Sharpreader window and it has it all stored for you, ready to read!
(Note: Don’t forget to open your Sharpreader when you boot-up!)